Monday, August 12, 2013

Featuring: Dara Lurie








Dara Lurie, a writer participating in the first Festival of Women Writers in Hobart, NY on September 6, 7, 8, 2013, is the author of Great Space of Desire: Writing For Personal Evolution

Dara's website: http://www.transformative-writing.com is a jewel for writers. You can flat out get advice, direction and can join a community of writers for support and feedback. There are suggestions for  constructive critique. You can also be guided to creating an ebook written by yourself.  

BUT . . . before you embark on your own writing project, read Dara's work. Though Great Space of Desire includes practical exercises at the chapter ends, I think much is to be learned in reading the author's own lyrical prose.


“I am nothing if not a storyteller. For me, the complex significance of the world and my own place in it makes sense only when seen through story. In my world, there is always a heroine with a burning desire."
       from Great Space of Desire

To read Dara Lurie’s Great Space of Desire is to see the transformation of the achingly painful personal into a narrative that's alive on many levels and speaks to many. You don’t always have “to go there, to know there.” as the sages used to say. You can also read there and go there and know there. 

See for yourself. Read an excerpt of Great Space of Desire - read about the twin sisters and The Facey School of Ballet and begin the journey.

I was asked to guest for Dara Lurie’s blog “How Do I Tell My Story?” I talked about the transformative impact that learning to swim has had on my life and my writing. Read my post on Dara's blog here:  http://www.transformative-writing.com

Dara Lurie will be offering a workshop: Writing for Personal Evolution at the first Festival of Women Writers in Hobart, NY on Saturday, September 7, 2013.  REGISTER for the Festival at: http://www.hobartbookvillage.com/festival-of-women-writers.html. DON'T MISS A THING! Dara Lurie will also read from her work on Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment